Just one Astanza® 532 Laser Treatment can remove the majority of brown age spots (lentigines) and hyperpigmentation from your face, arms, or legs.
Your skin will have a more even, youthful color and look less old and spotty.
Why we love the Astanza® 532 Laser Treatment:
- Requires less treatments than pulsed light or chemical peels
- Fast treatment time
- Easy to tolerate
- Minimal downtime
- Results last
Request More Information
How does the Astanza® 532 laser work to remove my brown spots?
The Astanza® 532 laser emits an intense beam of light that is directed toward your pigment. Lesions such as brown age spots or brown birthmarks absorb the laser energy much more than the normal skin. This lets the laser remove these blotches without harming your surrounding skin.
What will my Astanza® 532 laser treatment involve?
Our physician, physician assistant or nurse will use the Astanza® 532 laser hand piece to pulse over the spots. Your treatment time depends on the number and size of lesions that have to be treated. A single small brown mark takes only a few seconds. Treating many spots on the hands or face can take up to thirty minutes.
Will this treatment hurt me?
You may experience mild discomfort or a hot tingle with each treatment. Numbing creams are rarely necessary. Within a few minutes your treated areas may become mildly sensitive or itchy. You can put an ice pack on the area for a few minutes to minimize discomfort.
What is my recovery time?
The areas that are treated will turn white immediately. Within minutes, the white color will change to red and then a red-violet thin crust forms. These crusts fall off in a few days on the face, but can last about two weeks on the arms and longer on the legs. A slight pink discoloration under the crust remains and fades slowly over one to three months depending on the site.
How many treatments will I need to have?
Many patients get great results after one treatment. If your spots are especially stubborn, you can come in for a touch-up treatment a month later. Birthmarks are less predictable, but usually require two to three treatments.
How long will my results last?
Results can last for years, but recurrence is always possible.
How can I stop my spots from coming back after my Astanza® 532 laser treatment?
- Minimize sun exposure, especially midday sun. If you have to go out in the sun, be sure to wear a sunscreen with both UVA and UVB filters
- Wear protective clothing when you go outdoors
- Use of topical creams containing 4% hydroquinone are helpful during the summer months and can lighten any brown spots that might appear
What other risks should I be aware of?
- Hyperpigmentation (darkening) and hypopigmentation (lightening) of the skin are possible and depend on your natural pigment. The risk is less than five percent for lighter skin patients; darker skinned patients are more likely to have adverse reactions
- Bleeding, infection, and scarring are very rare. As with any medical or surgical treatment, unforeseen consequences are always possible.
How can I minimize my risks?
- Pretreatment use of rejuvenating products such as alpha hydroxy acids and retinoids will help the thin crusts shed faster
- Start laser treatments when your skin is at its palest to minimize the risk of pigment abnormalities
- Bleaching creams with hydroquinone can help reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation