Microneedling with PRP (platelet rich plasma) is “Hollywood’s Hottest Secret” and we’re the first in Frederick to feature this exclusive treatment. This resurfacing procedure offers benefits to anyone who wants to improve and rejuvenate the overall health of their skin.
- Benefits all skin types and skin tones
- Rejuvenates aged and sun-damaged skin – face, neck, shoulders, back, arms and legs
- Reduces acne and superficial scars from past injury
- Reduces age spots
- Minimizes blotchy skin coloring
- Improves overall skin appearance
Request More Information
What is Microneedling with PRP?
Microneedling is a process called ‘collagen induction therapy’ and causes your own skin to immediately begin to repair itself, build collagen, and become rejuvenated. It is used to improve:
- Texture and tone
- Surface scarring
- Fine lines and wrinkles
How does it work?
Microneedling with PRP (platelet rich plasma) uses fine micro needles to create micro channels (tiny holes) in your skin. This process stimulates your skin’s natural ability to heal itself and in the process produces collagen and elastin. This repair process begins almost immediately, leading to predictable, beautiful, and safe results.
What does the treatment involve?
The micro channels created by the Microneedling treatment allow for excellent product absorption and, therefore, accelerated results. We pair your treatment with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) to greatly improve your results:
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP): We withdraw a small amount of your own blood and use the plasma from it to boost the freshness of your skin and improve its tone and texture
Where is Microneedling with PRP used?
Microneedling with PRP can be used anywhere on the body that you would like to stimulate the skin’s natural healing ability. The most popular areas of treatment are:
- The face, chest, hands, and arms
- Acne, surgical, and other scars
Who performs the Microneedling with PRP treatment?
Jessie Mallalieu, our Physician Assistant and Susan Young, our Laser & Cosmetic Nurse, will perform your treatment. You’ll also meet Jody Sproul, our Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner. Jody will complete your blood draw for the PRP part of your appointment.
What does Microneedling with PRP feel like?
We’ll apply a numbing mask to your face before treatment to minimize any discomfort you may feel. Many patients describe any sensation they feel as a ‘rough, sandpaper’ feeling against their skin. Treating scars can involve more of a time investment, so you may experience more sensation when we’re stimulating a scarred area.
What are the side effects of Microneedling with PRP?
The most common side effect is looking as though you have a mild sunburn. Delicate skin around the eyes may be slightly puffy for a few days. Pinpoint bleeding may occur but stops very quickly after the treatment. You could experience some mild dryness, flaking or peeling for a few days after your treatment.
What if I don’t want to have a blood draw with my treatment?
You could choose to pair your Microneedling procedure with one of the following topical applications for excellent results:
- Hyaluronic Serums: Hyaluronic serums have long been used for their rich, intensive moisturizing properties
- Growth Factors: Growth Factors multiply the new young cells that are stimulated by the micro channels from the Microneedling device
*Medicine is not an exact science and individual results may vary.
Call today to schedule your complimentary consultation and determine if our Microneedling with PRP treatment is right for you: (301)698-2424.