Holiday Aesthetic Countdown
Tis the season for looking our best! We put together a timeline for you to prepare for holiday parties and fantastic family photos!
We all want to look fabulous during the holidays. However, a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance takes time and planning. Now that summer is over, it’s time to make an appointment.
It might feel too early to start thinking about your Thanksgiving dinner or that New Year’s celebration but keep in mind that while some treatments can provide immediate results, most take weeks for the full benefits to become apparent.
Our list will help you get ready for the holidays and ensure you look your best for the season’s festivities. Start planning now!
4-6 weeks prior to your event
The fall is a great time to undergo laser skin rejuvenation as we have less exposure to the sun in the winter months.
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a popular procedure used to target brown spots and rosacea and improve skin texture by stimulating collagen. IPL is for patients with sunspots, as it does a great job of lifting up both old and new sun damage.
- Astanza laser targets brown age spots or brown birthmarks; they absorb the laser energy much more than the normal skin. This lets the laser remove these blotches without harming your surrounding skin
- Mixto is ideal for addressing acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles. Results are smoother, softer and more radiant skin. Our customizable Mixto® Laser Resurfacing works to:
- Soften deep or indented acne scars
- Improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Brighten skin tone and texture
- Tighten the most superficial skin layers
- Lighten unwanted skin pigmentation
- Smooth bumpy growths or lesions
- Peel away wrinkles with a glycholic peel. As we get older, the dry, dead skin cells that make up the outermost layers of the epidermis can gradually build up, exaggerating the appearance of wrinkles,while giving the entire face a dull, cracked appearance.
- Patients can return to their regular activities immediately after the procedure, and will generally only experience some swelling, peeling, and redness for approximately three to seven days afterwards, depending on the strength of the treatment and their body’s own natural healing capacity.
Even though nothing can halt the aging process, these non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedures can effectively “re-set the clock” by erasing some of the more obvious signs of facial aging and keeping you looking younger longer.
4 weeks prior to your event
Dermal fillers are a type of injectable used to refresh the appearance with very little downtime. Dermal filler fills in folds, the parenthesis around the mouth, and adds volume to areas where there is a deficit due to the aging process or weight loss. The result is a natural, rested, more youthful appearance with minimal pain, discomfort or swelling.
2 weeks prior to your event
Botox and Dysport top the list of the most popular procedures we perform during the holidays. Commonly used to smooth out lines and wrinkles of the upper face – including the “furrow lines” between the eyebrows, the “crow’s feet” around the eyes and the horizontal lines of the forehead – the result is no makeup settling into fine lines or wrinkles and an overall refreshed appearance. This is the perfect treatment for getting you holiday photo-ready! A quick, relatively painless procedure with results lasting 3-4 months, there’s little to no evidence of having had anything done immediately after treatment!
At home skincare routine
A good skincare regimen includes medical-grade products to create a smooth, healthy foundation. The winter months, in particular, increase exposure to cold, dry air, which can irritate sensitive skin and exacerbate fine lines and wrinkles. The chillier months of November, December and January are popular for patients to get a good daily skincare routine that includes actives like retinol!
Plastic surgery around the holidays
The winter holidays are the most popular time for plastic surgery procedures, for obvious reasons. Cooler temperatures mean more time spent inside, wearing more cozy layers and more time for surgical recovery. Which procedures are most popular around the holidays? In my practice, they all are!
Facial plastic surgery procedures that are most popular in our practice are the LA Lift®, Blepharoplasty, Browlift and Chin Implants. For all the reasons described, the holidays enable men and women to have time off work built into the time of year, so they look refreshed and rejuvenated for the New Year!