Let’s Talk Pores & Peels
I wanted to share some quick tips in making the appearance of pores smaller and differentiating between the several different peels we offer; to help you decide which would be best for you.
The first tip is prevention and maintenance. It’s so important to establish a daily routine in our busy lives. By adding skin care to your daily routine, you area adding maintenance and extending skin health. One of the easiest and quickest ways to reduce large pores is implementing a daily routine of constantly keeping them clean. Use a mild cleanser twice a day and exfoliate so that your skin doesn’t become overly dry. You can consider a cleanser like SkinMedica Sensitive Skin Cleanser used by our staff in office.
The second tip I should mention is topical treatment. The use of topical treatments such as retinoids, will not only reduce the size of pores but will also aid in the destruction of bacteria that cause acne and it will help protect against sun damage. A favorite in our office among staff is SkinMedica Retinol Complex which comes in three strengths. Try to incorporate it into your daily routine!
The third tip I would like to share with you is if you still feel like your pores look large with the tips I’ve mentioned above, let’s talk peels. If you have large pores, you may benefit from the following treatments:
Peels -We offer several types of peels (Listed in order of a subtle glow to the most noticeable results.)
Glycolic Peels for improving:
- Skin appearance and texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Photo-damaged skin, brown spots
- Rejuvenate sun damaged skin – face, neck, shoulders, back, arms and legs
- Reduce age spots
- Minimize blotchy skin coloring
- Reduce facial acne and superficial scars from past injury
- Extracte blackheads, whiteheads and provide a fantastic facial exfoliation experience
- Improve overall skin appearance
Radiant Peel to:
- Significantly reducing unwanted skin pigmentation
- Lightening hormone-related melasma
- Softening fine lines and wrinkles
- Minimizing large pores and uneven skin texture
Satin Peel for:
- Smoothing and rejuvenate sun-damaged and acne-prone skin
- Minimizing pore size
- Reducing acne blemishes
- Minimizing acne scars
- Providing a more even skin tone
Do you long to see your youthful self looking back at you?
- Improving fine lines, texture and wrinkles
- Boosting skin hydration
- Re-texturing tissue-paper skin on the face, neck and chest
- Minimizing acne scarring and irregular skin tone
- Shrinking pore size
- Achieveing the look of a photo-filter without actually using one!
- Softening deep or indented acne scars
- Improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Brightening skin tone and texture
- Tightening the most superficial skin layers
- Lightening unwanted skin pigmentation
- Smoothing bumpy growths or lesions
We at The Cosmetic & Skin Surgery Center like to think of peels as a “workout” for your skin. Peels are scheduled with, Jessie Mallalieu, our Physician Assistant and Susan Young, our Laser & Cosmetic Nurse.