PROTECT YOURSELFIE FROM THE SUN
We follow the same guidelines as The Skin Cancer Foundation when it comes to protecting ourselves from the sun and so should you.
- Seek Shade – Keep in mind the sun is at its strongest from 10:00 am and 2:00 p.m. A trick is if your shadow is shorter than you are, seek shade.
- Wear protective clothing – Lightweight long sleeve and light airy pants make for a comfortable breathable outfit. Don’t forget your hat and sunglasses!
- Water-resistant sunscreen – Apply sunscreen every 2 hours or after swimming or sweating. (Remember water, snow and sand reflect damaging sun rays which increase the risk of sunburn.) Broad spectrum sunscreen that provides protection from both UVA and UVB rays such as SkinMedica Total Defense Repair Broad Spectrum Suncreen SPF 50+
- Avoid Tanning beds – Ultraviolet light from tanning beds can cause cancer and premature skin aging.
- Perform regular skin self-exams to detect skin cancer early, when it’s most treatable, and call our office for a skin check appointment if you notice new or suspicious spots on your skin, or anything changing, itching or bleeding.