Just one Astanza® 532 laser treatment can remove the majority of brown spots and hyperpigmentation.
Your skin will have a more even complexion and look less dark and spotty.
The Astanza® 532 Advantage
Lasers have been safely used since 1960 to remove brown spots, sun spots, age spots and more. The Astanza® 532 Laser shines above the competition with its Q-switch Ruby laser—ideal for the darkest of spots.
Here’s What Astanza® 532 Can Do For You:
- Requires less treatments than pulsed light or chemical peels
- Fast treatment time
- Easy to tolerate
- Minimal downtime
- Results last
The CSSC Advantage
Our Astanza® 532 Providers Are Experts
The Astanza® 532 Laser is a precision tool that requires specific training and experience. Choose our laser expert for your treatment: Jessie Mallalieu. The results are phenomenal and can only be experienced at our Frederick Maryland facility.
We Match Your Goals to Your Budget
We’re happy to provide estimates over the phone. Most of the time only one session is required to achieve the results you desire. Please call us to discuss further: (301)698-2424.
Our Specialty Is Laser & Cosmetic Dermatology
Since 2001 we’ve been the premiere location in Frederick Maryland for all options in laser and cosmetic dermatology. We specialize in the use of more than 8 lasers for various cosmetic and medical concerns. Trust your skin to our team of perfectionists.
“I have been a client of The Cosmetic & Skin Surgery Center for over 6 years. I have received …laser treatments on my sun spots…etc. EVERY service I have taken advantage of has been a positive experience. Susan, Jessie, Drs. To and Warner and all other staff are professional, kind and honest. These are NOT professionals that look at you and tell you “what else you need” to look your best. They are supportive, they believe looking natural and fresh are the goals and they never push costly treatments on me.”
Request More Information
*Medicine is not an exact science and individual results may vary.
How does the Astanza® 532 laser work to remove my brown spots?
The Astanza® 532 laser emits an intense beam of light that is directed toward your pigment. Lesions such as brown age spots or brown birthmarks absorb the laser energy much more than the normal skin. This allows the laser to remove these blotches without harming your surrounding skin.
What will my Astanza® 532 laser treatment involve?
Our physician or physician assistant will use the Astanza® 532 laser hand piece to pulse over the spots. Your treatment time depends on the number and size of lesions that have to be treated. A single small brown mark takes only a few seconds. Treating many spots on the hands or face can take up to thirty minutes.
Will this treatment be painful?
You may experience mild discomfort or a hot tingle with each treatment. Numbing creams are rarely necessary. Within a few minutes your treated areas may become mildly sensitive or itchy. You can put an ice pack on the area for a few minutes to minimize discomfort.
What is my recovery time?
The areas that are treated will turn white immediately. Within minutes, the white color will change to red and then a red-violet thin crust forms. These crusts fall off in a few days on the face, but can last about two weeks on the arms and longer on the legs. A slight pink discoloration under the crust remains and fades slowly over one to three months depending on the site.
How many treatments will I need?
Many patients get great results after one treatment. If your spots are especially stubborn, you can come in for a touch-up treatment a month later. Birthmarks are less predictable, but usually require two to three treatments.
How long will my results last?
Results can last for years, but recurrence is always possible.
How can I stop my spots from coming back after my Astanza® 532 laser treatment?
- Minimize sun exposure, especially midday sun. If you have to go out in the sun, be sure to wear a sunscreen with UVA, UVB, and infrared filters
- Wear protective clothing when you go outdoors
- Use of topical creams containing 4% hydroquinone are helpful during the summer months and can lighten brown spots that might appear
What other risks should I be aware of?
- Hyperpigmentation (darkening) and hypopigmentation (lightening) of the skin are possible and depend on your natural pigment. The risk is less than five percent for lighter pigmented patients; darker pigmented patients are more likely to have adverse reactions
- Bleeding, infection, and scarring are very rare. As with any medical or surgical treatment, unforeseen consequences are always possible
How can I minimize my risks?
- Pre-treatment use of rejuvenating products such as alpha hydroxy acids and retinoids will help the thin crusts shed faster
- Start laser treatments when your skin is at its fairest pigment to minimize the risk of abnormalities
- Bleaching creams with hydroquinone can help reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation