Microneedling can be used in combination with PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma. During this procedure, blood is drawn from your body and is spun to separate the PRP.
The platelets contain proteins, called growth “factors,” which promote clotting, cell growth, and healing. They are especially beneficial in tightening skin on the face.
Results Are Timeless
- Minimize scarring, fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce large pores and soften uneven skin texture
- Lighten irregular skin pigmentation
- Improve the appearance of many skin imperfections
- Get a beautiful glow before significant life events
- Decrease the frequency of adult hormone-related breakouts
Microneedling Is Non-Invasive
- For the effectiveness of the procedure, microneedling with PRP is non-surgical and non-invasive.
It’s A Lot Less Painful Than You Think
- If you’ve had microneedling done before, you’ve likely been surprised by how painless the procedure is, and if you haven’t, it’s similar to a vibrating facial.
- We’ll apply a numbing mask to your face before treatment to minimize any discomfort you may feel. Many patients describe any sensation they feel as a ‘rough, sandpaper’ feeling against their skin. Treating scars can involve more of a time investment, so you may experience more sensation when we’re stimulating a scarred area.
Little Downtime with Microneedling
- There’s little downtime—after about 24 hours of sunburn-esque redness, you’re back to normal, and many people return to work after a lunchtime procedure.
- Your skin might feel a bit tight and dry for a few days, but a week after your procedure, you’ll start to see glowy, rejuvenating results. It’s recommended for the week after microneedling with PRP you use a sunscreen with at least SPF 30.
Are there side effects?
- The most common side effect is looking as though you have a mild sunburn. Delicate skin around the eyes may be slightly puffy for a few days. Pinpoint bleeding may occur but stops very quickly after the treatment. You could experience some mild dryness, flaking or peeling for a few days after your treatment.
Microneedling is an easy procedure that enables you to tap into and unlock your own anti-aging abilities.