- 📆Plan treatment at least two (2) weeks before any important event to allow adequate time for possible swelling and bruising to subside.
- 🍻Avoid drinking alcohol one (1) week prior to the procedure as alcohol dehydrates the skin and interferes with the anesthetic.
- 🚭Please do not smoke 1-2 weeks before the procedure as smoking reduces circulation to the skin and impedes healing.
- 💊Please discontinue the use of blood thinners 2-3 days prior to the procedure as they can cause unnecessary bleeding, unwanted side effects and complications. These include, but are not limited to, Aspirin, Aspirin-containing medications, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e. Motrin, Ibuprofen, etc.), Fish Oil, Flaxseed, Garlic, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, St. John’s Wort, and Vitamin A or E, etc.
- If you are taking prescription blood thinners such as Warfarin, Plavix, Eliquis, Xarelto, etc., it is recommended to discontinue five (5) days prior to treatment. Please consult with your prescribing physician before discontinuing your blood thinners.
- 🧊Swelling may be present after the procedure but the use of ice packs/cool compresses for 30 minutes up to four (4) times per day for the first five (5) days may help decrease swelling.
- 💊Mild discomfort may be expected. Using medication containing Acetaminophen (Tylenol®) is helpful.
- ❌Do not touch or wash your face or hair for 24 hours following the procedure.
- 👟Avoid vigorous exercise for 1-2 weeks as significantly raising the blood pressure can increase and prolong swelling and bruising.
- 🧘♀️Avoid headstands and yoga for 2-3 weeks.
- 🍷Avoid drinking alcohol or smoking for 1-2 weeks to prevent possible infection as smoking and drinking can slow down the healing process.
- 😁Avoid aggressive or prolonged chewing, wide yawns, and big smiles up to one (1) month.
- It is recommended to avoid dental treatments during this time unless strictly necessary.
- ⏲Avoid lying down either in a prone (face down) or side position within 4 hours to decrease the possibility of thread movement.
- It is recommended to sleep elevated in a supine (face up) position for the next 3-5 days.
- 🔥Avoid heat in the treatment area for 30 days (i.e. saunas, lasers, radio frequency treatments, etc.).
- 💆♀️Avoid deep facial massages for the next few months.